Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Root Beer Tapper On Shockwave

routine

"Who are you?" The seven dwarfs
said "We are dwarfs.
you like to stay with us?"
"Okay," said White enthusiastic
"What can I do for you?"
And the dwarves in unison: "wash, ironing, pulirai
ground, hoe the garden, cooking, mending,
wash the dishes, dusting, fetching water in
well and if you will advance you will be with us five minutes
in mine! "

(Job Covatta, Pancreas - Transplantation of the book Heart)


E 'I started my third week at work ... seems a century has passed!

's really a tough job, I have to admit! as Snow White, the work we do virtually everything there is to it, there are specific roles (eg cleaning woman or dishwasher) apart from a girl who prepares the food,
So my homework, and those of my colleagues are: to serve clients both at the table at the bar, prepare the dishes and drinks (yes, I make cappuccino, coffee, espresso ... mamma mia XD), wash dishes and do the dishes, keep the room in place etc. etc etc!
And when I close, which happens very often, I also have to clean all the equipment (eg, coffee machine, bread, oven), to fix the place, pick foods that go in the refrigerator and throw away those who can no longer sell, sweep and clean the floor, bring the gigantic garbage can until the end of the road and so on

short, the first few days were a real shock! I'm slowly getting used to the rhythm, even if foot pain is ^__^'

positive note, our colleagues are all very cute and funny!
Even if the manager does not pull at all, and even if they do not need help ^ ^
strange fact, there is not even an Englishman on the staff! We
French Poles, Hungarians, Slovaks, was an American girl (who unfortunately is due to go away, I'm sad because I loved!) .. and of course that I'm Italian ^ __ ^
believe that the most English of all is the manager, Lucien .. is French, but has now adopted a typical English tone of voice so low that it can be heard only by bats and some mythical creature! ^__^'



The restaurant is located close to home, and in fact the morning I walk (it takes me about 20 minutes at a slow pace) ... In the evening I go back to the bus, both for fatigue but also to laziness XD

the morning there is always something strange to look around, here is a little esempio:

- caffetteria/negozio italiano che ALLE OTTO E MEZZA DI MATTINA butta in strada un terribile odore di peperonata @___@
- omini del comune che spazzano le foglie a terra .. anche se c'è un vento fortissimo e quindi il lavoro è inutile !!!
voglio fare questo lavoro da grande ehehehe
- i postini con i pantaloncini corti (stile scout): Novembre, mattina, pantaloncini corti ... brrrrrrrrr !!!
- gente che a piedi attraversa strade trafficate letteralmente gettandosi fra le macchine che passano O__O
- numero 10 scoiattoli totali e numero 2 caprette che brucavano l'erba: passo davanti al cortile/boschetto di una scuola, e quindi c'è sempre qualche animaletto da guardare ^__^
- a beautiful dog, a mongrel cross Collie ... looks like a miniature Lassie *_____*
- cottages and villas are not beautiful, beautiful!
The district is very posh, so the houses are spectacular (and even the cars parked on the street) .. stuff that I went to see an estate agent and prices displayed in the window spoke of one million or two million pounds to buy one of these houses O___O
- people dressed in every way: from children in school uniform, women in suits evening (at 9 o'clock in the morning to the madmen ???), in shorts or flip-flops up to the women in high heels running 10,000 times faster than me that I have running shoes O_O
- A mad woman, as he runs to work, goes around the MP3 player with headphones in his ears, singing (only with lip) to the songs and scaring passers-by ... oh no wait, that's me !!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment